Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Friday 8 October 2004

Listening to:

Last weekend I put together 100 songs as a soundtrack for a party. It went really well! I'm in the process of transcribing the list and may post it here soon. In the meantime, here's a list of some of the stuff I have been listening to this week:

1. Porcupine Tree - In absentia. Heavy heavy heavy.
2. Marc Almond - Stranger Things. Luscious sounds.
3. Okna Tsahan Zam - shaman voices. Already raved about this album on this blog.
4. King Crimson - Lizard. Second album by this band, a bit dated but good fun to listen to.
5. String Cheese Incident - tracks for download from their site (http://www.stringcheeseincident.com/copy.sounds.htm). Incredibly talented band in the Grateful Dead and Santana mould. A friend brought an album back from the US this summer - heard it and thought Wow! Had to get hold of some stuff.
6. Gong - Other side of the sky: a collection. Double CD collection, reminds me of the albums I used to have and why I raved about them, even the silly bits!
7. Tortoise - Standards. New discovery for me - in a field of their own!
8. Various Artists - Wein, Weib und Gesang (Download from Kikapu Records at www.kikapu.com). Five hours of music for transferring to an mp3 CD.
9. Tom Waits - Blood Money. This is a brilliant album. I'm listening to it to gear up ready for buying his new album 'Real Gone'.
10. Sigur Ros - Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do. Spectacularly weird mini album from a collaboration performance with Merce Cunningham and Radiohead.

No wonder I'm feeling good at the moment!

No comments: