Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Thursday 23 September 2004

transcending

it happened quickly
when the first shards of light at early morning
had glanced over the hills.

then was the moment when
I fully realised that all this searching
collecting of myths, looking beyond beauty and nature

would leave me now, emptiness
glances across a crowded room
people we once respected, open to criticism.

inside my own mind, of course,
I knew all too well that the special moments
of a life long-lived, now loved, would come in time.

blue as a colour that I shared so often
and yellow as a sign of morning’s hope
whilst standing alone, looking into the waves ahead

and just wanting it all to stop
for a few seconds of silence
where the river meets the sea, your thoughts and me

no longer as lucid as a sheltering sky
making no sense and wondering why
light opening outwards, learning to fly.

- from 'the alice conversations'. Work in progress.

No comments: