Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Monday 20 September 2004

John Cage

Books arrived from Peter Riley this morning. They included a copy of 'M: writings 67-72' by John Cage. I'm really excited about getting this book. I've been trying to get hold of some written material by Cage for a while now (maybe 2 years!) and have had no success until now. I'm particularly keen to see his book 'Silence'. Anyway, the book I received this morning loooks brilliant - lots of typographic tricks, visual uses of language and diary extracts. I'm really looking forward to working through it.

I also got Rupert Loydell's 'The Museum of Light'. I'll put comments about this here when I have had time to look at it. Two more books were - William Oxley's 'Collected Longer Poems' and 'Poetry with an Edge' edited by Neil Astley. I'm looking forward to a few train journeys in the future when I can work through these.

Music in the background - 'Tremble Peady' by People Like Us (Vicky Bennett), brilliant and weird...

No comments: