Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Wednesday 23 July 2003

A whisker from a vacation

This will be the last post for a couple of weeks, as I take a break and travel with the family for a couple of weeks.

In the last week I have bought the new (well, fairly new!) album by Tom Waits called 'Alice'. It's one of two releases he brought out in May of last year. It's fantastic - music from a play which he worked on in the early 90s based on the relationship between Alice and Lewis Carroll. The CD appealed to me because I love the music of Tom Waits, especially the later more avant garde stuff. And, of course, it also appeals because of the link with the poetry collection that I am currently writing called 'the alice conversations'. Although mine has nothing to do with Lewis Carroll.

I also got hold of 'Wave' by Patti Smith. I remember buying this album when it first came out on vinyl. It has stood the test of time really well.

No comments: