Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Sunday 19 June 2005

Where do old websites go to die?

I set up a website a few years ago at geocities. It is one of those free sites which has a banner advert strip down the right-hand side. It was a good way for me to learn how to create a website. It contains pages of my poetry, my interests in organisational psychology, and music too. I haven't done anything with it in more than a year, since blogging is so much easier to do. I have, however, been wondering what to do with it - whether to do an upgrade, cannibalise materials for this blog, or what? I have also been contemplating bringing my 6 weblogs and that site together under one domain. I'm not sure which way to go with this - has anyone got any ideas?

In the meantime, as part of a cannibalising process, here is the text on the main page about music:

"I am a complete music obsessive. One of life's great journeys is the journey of musical discovery. There is a vast world out there of music that strikes to the soul, to the heart, the guts and sometimes the raging innards. Wherever it reaches us, music is something that has meant so much to me over the years.
From those early experiences back in the seventies when I listened to late night radio through headphones and first experienced the progress of music from the over-stretched progressive music to punk, new wave and new romantic.
Along the way I found roots, reggae and much besides. I have also developed a passion for jazz music, folk, world and classical music. Genre is not as important as the message - no area of music is immune from the ability to move the listener. "

No comments: