Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Friday 9 July 2004

Scott Walker in Five Easy Pieces

I've read so many people saying positive things about Scott Walker. He has influenced so many of the artists I like. And I really loved the popular tracks by the Walker Brothers.

And yet, over a year ago I tried listening to 'Tilt' - the difficult album from the 90s. I didn't get it!

So, it was with some uncertainty that I got hold of a copy of 'In Five Easy Pieces' earlier today, and put it on the CD player. It's a five CD compilation album - huge in scope.

Well, I have listened to the first album whilst working this afternoon. It is beautiful. The richness of his voice, the gorgeous arrangements, the spread of material and moods. I love it!

I'm really looking forward to working through the other four CDs over the next few days.

No comments: