Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Monday 22 September 2003

Blue Water Books - first books out, nearly!

Isn't it incredible how long it takes to do a simple task like print out copies of an A5 booklet and get them in the post? I was intending to have the first two booklets from Blue Water Books out and in circulation by the end of August. Well, that deadline passed. It is now nearly the end of September and I am nearly there. But printing out 10 copies of each booklet for the first mailing sounds like a modest task - well, it isn't!

Each booklet takes over five minutes to get through the printer. Then it needs folding, stapling and finishing. Then there is the little fact that some of these go wrong and need re-doing. I may be a bit of a perfectionist but I do want these booklets to be flawless.

The upshot of all this is that I should have produced 10 copies of the two booklets and they will be out in circulation by the end of this week. Then, I turn my attention to the next 10 copies and so on until I reach 50 which is the limit for the signed and numbered copies of the first edition.

Meanwhile, the content of the next two booklets emerges slowly....

No comments: