Relocating - please follow the link for new content

This archive will stay here - but you can find new posts (as well as this archive) at my new website which is at http://www.stuarteglin.com/. It's the new home for Stuart Eglin Online - including the blog, musings, and details of the publications and services which I have available. Take a look - it's worth a visit!

Thursday 9 December 2004

Breathing Out

I did a review of the poetry book ' Breathing Out' produced by a Women's Writers Group in St Louis. The review is on Gerald England's excellent website and can be found here.

I was really pleased to receive a copy of an email from Gerald yesterday with a copy of a note from one of the poets. The poet, Karen Mondale, was writing to say thank you for the review. I was really positive in the review, because this was a book of wonderful poems, many of them deeply moving.

Why do I mention the email? The thing it brings to mind is the remarkable ability of the internet to connect people. I have had five situations recently where something I have put on the internet has put me in contact with someone with whom I would normally have no hope of making a connection. It's a fantastic way to break down barriers.

No comments: